Minutes of Parish Council Meeting 5th July 2016

 

WATERINGBURY PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of Parish Council Meeting

Held on Tuesday 5th July 2016

7.30pm Wateringbury Village Hall

Present:

Cllr R Tripp  (Chairman)                                                        Cllr D Stones

Cllr M Wells (Vice Chairman)                                        Cllr Mrs L Simons

Cllr C M Cayzer                                                             Cllr Mrs C Moreland

Cllr C Talbert                                                                 Cllr J Evans

                                                                                                                                   

In attendance:

Mrs S Cockburn – Clerk to the Council

Cllr S Jessel – Tonbridge & Malling Borough Councillor

Mrs C Byron – KM Reporter

9 members of the public

                 

16/028       RECORDING OF MEETINGS

                   The Chairman opened the meeting by stating a member of the public believed

someone was recording Council proceedings, including Public Discussion, and asked if this was allowed.

The Chairman stated under the 1960 Act Public Bodies (Admission to meetings) permits any person who attends a Council (or Committee meeting) to report the proceedings of that meeting. Defined as photography, audio, mobile phone or tablet including live streaming but not a verbal running commentary.

It is recommended that the start of a meeting the Chairman reminds everyone in attendance, and who will be participating in the meeting, they may be filmed, recorded, photographed or otherwise reported about.

The same legal advice states the Chairman can rely upon Standing Orders to control behaviour arising from a person’s filing if this disrupts the meeting or disturbs the transaction of business.

To aid the smooth conduct of the Council business the Chairman will invite any members of the public who intends to record any part o the meeting to voluntarily state their intention so to do.  Thereby reducing the likelihood of disturbance or disruption to the business of the Council.

The Council’s Standing Orders paragraph 46 states there shall be no audio or video recording without the express permission of the Council.

This is apparently in conflict with the 1960 Act.  To address this issue the Chairman asked if any person wishes to record any part of the meeting.  If they so request the Chairman would propose a resolution that they be given approval under paragraph 46 of Standing Orders

On a point of information the Councillors the Chairman has asked the Clerk to discuss this situation with NALC with a view to having an item for the next meeting in September on adopting revised Standing Orders.

If proposed and seconded would stand adjourned until the following ordinary meeting of the Council

 

16/029       APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

Apologies from Cllr D Marks who was away and Cllr M Balfour

 

16/030       DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

Cllr D Stones declared an interest on discussion on Wateringbury Pear Orchards Limited, Wateringbury Village Hall, Wateringbury Fete Committee and requested dispensation to speak and vote.

After discussion the following was agreed:

Wateringbury Pear Orchards limited – to speak but not to vote. All agreed

Wateringbury Village Hall – Speak and vote – 4 voted in favour – 1 against 2 abstentions

Wateringbury Village Fete – speak and vote – All agreed

It was agreed all dispensations would last for the period of the Council.

Cllr Stones stated the Village Fete Committee were looking to build up reserves so they would not need to ask the Parish Council for funds.

 

16/031       ANNOUNCEMENTS

The Chairman reminded the meeting there would be no Parish Council meeting in August the next meeting being 6th September

 

16/032       REPORT FROM COUNTY COUNCILLOR

Cllr Balfour was not present

 

16/033       REPORT FROM BOROUGH COUNCILLOR

Cllr Jessel stated that following the Tonbridge & Malling Borough Council Planning Meeting last month the MP Tom Tugenhach had written to the Borough Council about permission given to Abbeyfield Kent for the redevelopment of Greensted. Nothing further to report  The Chairman thanked Cllr Jessel who left the meeting at 8.00pm

 

16/034       CRIME REPORT

PCSO Harkness was not present  Councillors had seen an email from PS Joanne Mott who stated there would be no further crime reports each month by our PCSO Callum Harkness allowing him to be ‘in the community more’  It would be necessary for Council in future to view the Kent Police Website for crime reports.

Councillors were disappointed at this and asked that a letter be sent to PS Mott stating their disapproval.

 

16/035       MINUTES OF EXTRAORDINARY PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON 11TH APRIL 2016 TO BE APPROVED FOR ACCURACY

The Minutes were approved by Cllr D Stones and seconded by Cllr Mrs Moreland

 

16/035       MINUTES OF PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON 7th JUNE 2016 TO BE APPROVED FOR ACCURACY

The Minutes having been read were approved by Cllr Cayzer and seconded by Cllr Wells

 

16/036       MATTERS ARISING FROM MINUTES OF MEETING HELD ON 7TH JUNE2016

See separate sheet.  Cllr Wells gave a vote of thanks to Cllr Evans for replacing the damaged latch at the play area.

Cllr Evans asked it be minuted that the Chairman cannot nominate a stand in Chairman.  It was stated the Chairman could nominate a stand in as long as all Councillors agreed.

 

16/037       REPORTS FROM COMMITTEES AND REPRESENTATIVES ON OTHER BODIES

Finance & General Purposes – No Meeting.    A neighbouring resident of the play Area in Glebe Meadow had contacted the Clerk about a gap in Council’s fencing which allowed access to their garden.  The fencing was originally erected in 2008 and the neighbour had put up some wooden fencing of their own which had recently blown down. Cllr Stones had looked at this and felt the fencing went to the boundary as it was in 2008 but the neighbour had extended their garden which effectively created a gap of about 3 metres.??

The problems of a street light outside number 288 Old Road was raised.  This light had been out for sometime.  Councillors had previous information on the condition of the light. A quote for a new light from SSE had been received for £685.68 

It was understood Freedom Network Services had damaged the light when trying to transfer it to a new pole. It was agreed to write to Freedom Network Services stating they should cover the cost of the repair and the SSE quote would be held for the time being.

Planning – The Chairman reported on an informal consultation concerning the Local Development Framework on 28th June. This would be the basis of large scale planning strategy for 2011 – 2031

In that period Tonbridge & Malling Borough Council has to provide an additional 13,460 homes. Once allowance is made for the plans already in the system there is a need find land for 6,000 home. Also a need for ‘employment land’ of 33 hectares

In preparing their draft plan they sought to balance, where homes needed, development /landowners will to development, environment and other policies.  Amongst these are to keep Green Belt land between villages.

There are 3 big ideas

Expand Kings Hill t the bypass but limit expanses towards East/West Malling

New road to paypass A20 from roundabout by Police headquarters, cutting across Hermitage Lane.  Paid for by releasing more land for development

Possible Borough Green/Platt by pass again funded by development of adjacent land.

Timescale – Planning & Transportation Advisory Board in July – Recommendation to Council 6th September.   Consultations to start mid- late September.

Wateringbury Sports & Recreational Association   – nothing to report

Village Hall –  Cllr Stones said the hall was losing bookings due to the problem of parking . Following a request to Tonbridge & Malling Borough Council to reinstate the barrier, the Borough Council had previously stated they would not do this due to the cost of damage to the barrier It was agreed to write to Tonbridge & Malling Borough Council again.   It was suggested the Parish Council could consider purchasing and installing a barrier. Cllr Evans agreed to look into this  

Tonbridge & Malling Area Committee of KALC_-  

Parish Partnership Panel – nothing to report

Kent Community Rail Partnership – nothing to report

Highways & Transportation-Speedwatch –   Speedwatch report attached. It recorded 23 high end speeding vehicles. It was agreed to ask at the next KALC meeting that action be taken against these drivers who would just receive a letter from the Police. It was confirmed that Cllr Balfour had taken on complaints from residents at the junction of Pizien Well Road. 

as suggested the PCSO be asked if the Police camera vans could be deployed in the village at different times of the day. 

Volunteer Support Warden –  Nothing further to report  It was confirmed that a call from a resident in The Brucks had been passed to the Community Warden who agreed to make contact.

Allotments – no vacancies

Cemetery – nothing to report

Village Warden –   nothing to report

 

16/038       FINANCIAL STATEMENTS AND ACCOUNTS FOR PAYMENT

Agreement of the Financial Statement was proposed by Cllr Talbert and seconded by Cllr Cayzer   All cheques were signed

 

16/039       PUBLIC DISCUSSION

It was suggested that the Parish Council meetings could be held in the upstairs room as the present room was getting rather full.  Although this was an idea it was stated there are no tables upstairs and it would be difficult to carry them up and down.

It was reported there was overgrown vegetation on the PROW leading from Bow Road.  Also from Leney Road to Phoenix Drive, and the Russets owned hedging along Bow Road.  Also overgrown weeds at the crossroad.

It was agreed to put details of the Tonbridge & Malling Borough Council Dog Warden in Rostrum

The question of satellite dishes in a Conservation Area was raised and it was understood no planning permission was required.

Mrs Christine Byron commented on how good the new wet pour surface was the play area. With regard to the car park suggestions were to offer to buy it from Tonbridge & Malling Borough Council or use the green area to park cars.  Cllr Stones said he would discuss this at the next Village Hall Committee Meeting

Mrs Sarah Hudson suggested to ease parking in the car park local businesses could be asked not to use the car park

There being no further business the Chairman wished everyone a happy holiday and closed the meeting at 9.28pm

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

ere …