Minutes of Parish Council Meeting Tuesday 1st March 2016

 

COUNCIL

Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting

Held on Tuesday 1st March 2016

7.30pm Wateringbury Village Hall

Present:

Cllr M Cayzer (Chairman)                                    Cllr D Marks

Cllr R Tripp                                                                   

Cllr D Stones                                                        Cllr J Evans

Cllr C Talbert

                                                 

In attendance:

Mrs S Cockburn – Clerk to the Council

Cllr Matt Balfour – Kent County Councillor

Mrs Christine Byron – KM Reporter

6 members of the public

                

15/112       APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

Apologies received from Cllr Mrs Simons who was away, Cllr Mrs C Moreland & Cllr Wells who were unwell. Cllr Wells and Cllr Jessel who was away

15/113       DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

None

15/114       ANNOUNCEMENTS

                   None

15/115       REPORT FROM COUNTY COUNCILLOR

Cllr Balfour stated that most children had got a place at their preferred school in Kent. The Environment Agency would be producing new figures on flooding and Cllr Balfour said something needed to be done further up the River Medway.  Cllr Tripp stated that possible work on other parts of the Medway could affect those lower down like Wateringbury

The Chairman said he, Cllr Mrs Moreland and Cllr Evans were attending a meeting organised by Trudy Dean that coming Friday to discuss Call for Sites.

The Chairman told Cllr Balfour that he, Cllr Mrs Moreland and Cllr Evans would be attending a meeting arranged by Trudy Dean to discuss Call for Sites.

The Chairman thanked Cllr Balfour who left the meeting at 7.45pm

15/116       REPORT FROM BOROUGH COUNCILLOR

Cllr Jessel was not present

15/117       CRIME REPORT

                   No report                  

15/118       MINUTES OF PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON 2nd FEBRUARY 2016 TO BE APPROVED FOR ACCURACY

There were two adjustments on Page 37 15/105 first paragraph  should read ‘He preferred’ and second paragraph should read ‘additional traffic’  Approval of adjusted Minutes was put by Cllr Tripp  and seconded by Cllr Marks

                   The Chairman signed the Minutes

15/119       MATTERS ARISING FROM MINUTES OF MEETING HELD ON 2ND FEBRUARY 2016

Page 36 15/103 The Defibrillator has been delivered to the hall, the electrics for the cabinet completed and Cllr Evans had installed on the wall outside the hall. The Chairman thanked Cllr Evans

Page 37/109 Playdale had confirmed the new timber supports for the play equipment carry a 20year guarantee and there was no reason why wet pour could not be put down.  On this basis the Abacus quote for the wet pour was formally accepted and Council await a date from Playdale when the new supports would be installed.  Playdale had confirmed that timbers for the scales (Timberplay) would take another 3 weeks as it had to come from Germany.  Cllr Evans stated Council was still liable if there was an accident on the scales, even though notices had been placed on the equipment stating it was unsafe and should not be used.  One parent had been seen actively encouraging their child to use the equipment

Page 38 15/110 – The Chairman referred to a meeting held with Croudace Homes on their plans for the field at the corner of Fields Lane. It was agreed that a new community centre shown on their plans was not needed and the remaining area of the field to be left as open space It was agreed that before considering any plans there was lots of things to consider, particularly the subject of additional traffic and pollution on Tonbridge Road.  Although Croudace had carried out a traffic survey their figures were not available.. Croudace did put forward a possible plan to ease congestion at the crossroads by taking back the corner of Bow Road so traffic coming east from Maidstone could filter left. It had been pointed out to them the congestion was worse with traffic coming from the west and turning right down Bow Road.

An amended quote had been received from RSS repairs/maintenance of pieces of play equipment which totalled £1949.24 excl. VAT.  Councillors agreed this and RSS would be asked to put work in hand

Fly tipping at the corner of the playing fields.  This had been inspected and it was visible the branches had been cut from the playing field trees by the adjoining property and put back over the fence.  It was decided not to write to the owner of the adjoining property

I15/120      DRAYHORSE CAR PARK – GRASSPROTECTA

Councillors had copies of three quotes for both standard and heavy duty GrassProtecta to complete the car park at Drayhorse Meadow.  After discussion Cllr Tripp put forward a proposal that council agree on the standard from PGI.  Five Councillors voted in favour with 1 abstention. Cllr Evans had agreed to take delivery and to deliver on to the car park when James Woolley had completed a grass cut.

15/121       REPORTS FROM COMMITTEES AND REPRESENTATIVES ON OTHER BODIES

Finance & General Purposes – No Meeting.  Councillors had received details of a Review of Parish Electoral Arrangements. Councillors had met previously with Tonbridge & Malling Borough Council to discuss a change of boundary in Danns Lane requested by Kings Hill Parish Council.  After consideration the Borough Council decided there should be not change.  The Council supported this and the Clerk would write to Tonbridge & Malling Borough Council confirming this.

The Chairman stated he had received a sample coin for HM Queen Elizabeth 11 90th Birthday and asked Councillors to consider giving one to each of the children at the school. The cost is £1.99 each total cost would be around £400. No decision was taken

Planning – The Chairman referred to a meeting to be arranged for him with the Chairmen of Kings Hill and Teston Parish Councils to discuss the Call for Sites and planning in general.

Wateringbury Sports & Recreational Association  Mike Witts reminded the meeting about Clean for the Queen on Saturday 7th, meeting at the pavilion Tonbridge & Malling Borough Council would supply necessary equipment

Village Hall – Cllr Stones said the hall had lost some bookings due to the problem with parking.  Problems of parking were discussed. The Chairman referred to a meeting held with Tonbridge & Malling Borough Council at which they were unable to come up with a suitable alternative.

Tonbridge & Malling Area Committee of KALC_- Nothing to report

Parish Partnership Panel – nothing to report

Kent Community Rail Partnership – Reports on the meeting concerning the future of signal boxes attached.  Cllr Marks said he could arrange for an architect to look at the station signal box with a view to its future use.

It was agreed that copies of the reports be sent to Nettlestead as the box is in their parish

Highways & Transportation-Speedwatch –  Speedwatch report attached

Volunteer Support Warden – nothing to report

Allotments – Invoices for the from 1st April due to go out during March

Cemetery – nothing to report

Village Warden –  John Ibbs had reported that dog fouling was getting bad again and he had collected 12 bags of waste from one playing field.

15/122       FINANCIAL STATEMENTS AND ACCOUNTS FOR PAYMENT

Agreement of the Financial Statement was proposed by Cllr Marks and seconded by Cllr Tripp.  All cheques were signed.

15/123       PUBLIC DISCUSSION

Mrs Sarah Hudson said she thought it would be a nice gesture to give the children at the school a commemorative coin each

Mr Williams asked for more details on the Croudace plan for Fields Lane. Cllr Tripp did have a copy and made it available to view.

Mrs Christine Byron stated an article in the Teston parish magazine, Tapestry, referred to Maidstone Borough Council’s Integrated Transport Strategy.  The Chairman stated it was being looked at.

There being no further business the Chairman closed the meeting at 9.05pm